1. Portland, Maine: Housing situation
2. Presidential voting situation
3. That's enough for now.

1. I have now been an Airbnb host for three years, and I actually do collect the taxes, and have an account with the State of Maine. I ask my fee, and then collect the required taxes upon arrival, as my post on Airbnb makes clear.   In Oregon, Airbnb collects and pays the taxes. That I do  know. Oregon, at least. I'm not sure about other states.

My situation is that I have some free rooms that would not ever be available to full-time tenants, since I don't have a kitchen for them to use. That is not true of the other places I've seen.

I am aware there are numerous places in Portland, Maine, where it is doubtful the rentee actually collects and pays the taxes. I am not above reporting such people. I actually do so.

2. After reading all the various reports, etc, about email and Benghazi, it is pretty clear to me that the Republican front is entirely dishonest. Hence, therefore, Trump. You get what you wish for.

EM Burke

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medical Bills...

A Paper Bag Floor Over Asbestos Linoleum

James Jennison, as a tenant, Portland, Maine area